Student Support Services
MDI provides support services to all its students and these services include:
- Orientation programme for Students.
- Assistance to Students facing difficulties adapting to the new environment.
- Provision of public transportation guide to the school.
- Conducive and friendly environment for learning.
- Provision of pre-course counseling.
- Advice on programs and post-graduation opportunities.
- Advice to Students on internal grievance procedures.
- Medical insurance (compulsory) – at least S$20,000 annual limit, at least B2 ward in govt or restructured hospital and 24 hrs coverage in Singapore and overseas.
- MDI provides pastoral counselling services
If you are facing problems related to your study at MDI, please contact our Student Care Officers for counselling or we can assist to arrange counseling with external qualified persons.
- Student Care Officers: Chan YingYing Monica, Chan Zhenhan Sebastian
- The Student-teacher ratio per class for Certificate in Communicative English Courses is 25:1. The Student-teacher ratio per class for other courses is 12:1.
Student Orientation Programme
The Student Orientation Programme is as follows:
1. Welcome Address
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Service Guarantees
- Our Location and Facilities
2. Course Matters
- Course Pre-Requisites
- ITESS (Nitec ) Courses
- ITEC Courses
- Award Criteria
- Qualification for Award
- Job Opportunities
- Types of Fees
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Course Fee Payment
3. Student Matters
- Attendance & Punctuality
- Course Deferment
- Grievance Procedure
- Refund Policy
- Cooling-Off Period
- Transfer and Withdrawal Policy
4. Student Protection
- Student Contract
- Student Protection Scheme
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
- Medical Insurance
5. Student Support Services
- Singapore Laws
- Adjusting to the Singapore Environment
- The Do’s & the Don’ts
- Student Pass Application
- Students Undergoing Training
- Medical Care in Singapore
- Pastoral Counselling Services
- Student’s Contact: Mother Country and Singapore