Under the CPE requirements, it is a mandatory that all students, both local and international, sign the Student Contract with MDI prior to the commencement of the course. The contract is waived for students enrolling in courses with duration less than 50 hours or 20 days.
Before signing the contract, students should read through the Advisory Note to Students. Click here to view the Advisory Note on CPE’s website.
Student should ensure that the following information has been included in the contract and is accurate:
- The duration of the course, and whether it is offered or provided on a full-time and part-time basis;
- The commencement date and end date of the course;
- The scheduled holidays, if any;
- The dates of all examinations, major assessments and assignments;
- The expected date of the release of the results of the final examination, which should not be more than three months after the completion of the final examination unless otherwise permitted by the Council for Private Education;
- The expected date of conferment of the award;
- The full names of the developer or proprietor of the course, and the person or organisation or institution conferring the award;
- The components of all fees payable by the student;
- The fee collection schedule, including any late fee payment policy; and
- The fee refund policy of the private school.
Private schools are not allowed to include clauses in the Private Education Institution-Student Contract which would allow them to make unilateral changes to the terms and conditions, or enable them to collect fees from students who have withdrawn from the course for the semesters or modules of the course which have not yet commenced.
MDI uses the Standard Student Contract from CPE. The standard student contract can be found at the CPE website. Click here for a link to the website.